Tuesday 28 December 2010

Is it over before its even begun??

Aswell as being the season to be jolly, its also the season to be ill. Is being ill for 2 weeks out of 4 in December going to make a dent in my Janathon efforts?
In winters past, I always wondered why the TV and radio were filled with adverts trying to convince people to get the flu jab, especially those with chronic conditions such as asthma (which I have). I found out why asthma sufferers should get the flu jab... terrible flu followed by a debilitating chest infection generally makes the Christmas season less festive. It also hinders ones efforts of running and generally exercising throughout winter.
I will still try to finish the Janathon and I have a feeling the first day is going to be the hardest, but is 3 weeks of no exercise (the first week off was due to xmas parties) going to make this even harder?? I think we all know the answer to that!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better - I guess the key to getting started again is to start gently - good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. Yep, a gentle start is what's called for I think. Although I haven't been ill (just inactive), I plan to take it gently at first too. :-)

    ReplyDelete