Saturday 15 January 2011

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry

With all the planning I've been doing for the Grim and the excitment I had for the run it seems fate and the whole world is against me. Even my efforts at being a Scientician have backfired.

Blisters
I got a new pair of Timberlands over Christmas and I love them. So for casual Fridays at work, I decided to wear them in for the day. This was one of the most monumental mistakes ever: having to wear them in means they were stiff in the first place. Because they were stiff, I now have a fat blister on each foot. My dad has given me his patented blister treatment which I'll try out soon and hopefully I'll be ok for the Grim tomorrow. I'll definitely have to plaster them up though.

Friday Night
With the good intentions of not drinking last night, I copied the routine of last week when I drank far too much and got a kebab afterwards. Not the best way to prepare my body for a run and I have a really bad hangover today, so I'm definitely suffering.

Illness
I woke up this morning with a cough and a really sore throat. It is entirely possible that this is due to the alcohol and kebab consumption. We'll have to wait until tomorrow for news on that.

So overall, I'm not really in the mood for this today but I had to clock up a run so the first task was to pop my blisters and dress them. This task fell to my mum, who accidently ripped the whole blister off instead of just popping it. Then came her concerned look that I'll be running through water/mud tomorrow where there could be any number of dodgy pathogens. So all patched up, I headed to the chemist to buy any antiseptic looking product I could lay my hands on. I'm sure my mum would rather me not run tomorrow but I'll be water-proofed and antibacterialised so I'll (hopefully) still have to feet by the end of it.

1 comment:

  1. Man up you big girl :)

    I tape my feet up on every run so I think im keeping those companie a float.

    Was the Kebab nice? :)

    Good luck with the GRIM!

    ReplyDelete