Sunday 16 January 2011

I'm out

Today was the day where all the training and all of the Janathon hard work was going to pay off running the Grim Challenge. I actually looked forward to the Grim compared to the dread I faced in the 2009 race, but today just turned out to be the day I had to drop out of the Grim and crash out of the Janathon.

The suspect hangover I had yesterday turned out to be a heavy cold. Heavy colds for me usually mean a sore throat and fragile asthma. The asthma is the dodgy part, which really needs looking after otherwise it escalates into something more serious. So no Grim for me and certainly no running until this cold shifts.

This was such a hard decision for me to take this morning; I've really been enjoying the Janathon and I've actually started to enjoy my running. If I had to, I could've probably struggled around the Grim, but my it would definitely be detrimental to my health and at the end of the day, that is the most important thing (only just!).

So I'm out of the Janathon, but only temporarily. I like to think of it as a small sabatical. Just a small break until this cold shifts and I'll be back to the running. Hopefully I won't be expelled from the Janathon community and I'll be back to running and blogging as soon as I can.

And if anyone wishes to donate 2 asthma-free lungs, feel free to do so!

3 comments:

  1. Hard luck on getting a bug once it hits the chest you are wise to stop running

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a shame pal - Keep an eye out for Juneathon!

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on doing the right thing! As runners, we're notorious for not! Well, I know I am!! Rest up and you'll be back with us in no time... don't forget about us in your absence though!!

    ReplyDelete