Monday 10 January 2011

I <3 my iPod

Me and my iPod seem to be like two peas in Janathonised pod. As the legendary runner Forest Gump once said "we go together like peas and carrots".

After finishing yesterdays run with a euphoric glaze on my face, I awoke this morning to lethargy, achiness and a reluctance to exercise. It can only be expected that after putting in extra effort, I will lose some the next day. If only my mind was a perpetual motion machine of effort.

I struggled through my usual 10 hour slog at work and returned home with renewed grit and determination to at least do some running tonight. After twisting my ankle sprinting out the way of a car and generally struggling around my prepared (and this time accurately followed) route, getting to the end I decided to break into a short sprint finish. My legs were refusing to move and my lungs were burning but then... out of no where, my iPod decided to motivate me again. With yesterdays inspirational "Keep on Running", tonight's inspiration came from the unlikely source of N.E.R.D. Their 2001 hit Rock Star has the words "It's almost over now" repeated constantly throughout the song.

How timely that was. Having a well known funk/hip hop group telling you its almost over as you can see your house nearing is such a welcome feeling. I love my iPod and my iPod loves me.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, my shuffle is my best friend at the moment. I also know what tune you are on about, its a classic! Try Jay-Z and Linkin Park – Numb/Encore another good running tune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality! I love N.E.R.D yet I haven't listened to them in ages... I'm going to add the album to my ipod!

    The best gift my ipod ever gave me was in a race last summer; half way up a mile long hill, I was struggling and doubting myself when my ipod kicked in with Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now'. I raced up that hill AND back down the other side! Magic! :-)

    ReplyDelete