Thursday 6 January 2011

Why do I do this to myself?

Today was the first day when I really thought to myself "Is this really worth it?". With a lack of sleep last night (Match of the Day was totally worth it!) and a tough day at work lined up, I had my chin tickled by a buttercup went swimming.

My whole body aches... my pecs are aching from swimming and my shoulders are just generally aching but on the good side my calf muscles are feeling less tight. I struggled through the swim and came out the other side just as achy as I started. So much for exercise releasing endorphins to make you feel good.

Anyway, the saying "its a marathon not a sprint" springs to mind at this point in time. I'm only 6 days in and struggling so hopefully 12 days in I'll be struggling less. At least I hope so anyway because its just over a week until the Grim and I don't really want to feel like this when I run that.

I'm heading to the gym tomorrow morning before work... that means getting a 6:30 train! I'm not sure how I'm going to do that but seeing as I'm going out for a team lunch and going bowling in the evening a morning gym session is my only chance to stay in the Janathon. Why do I do this to myself?

1 comment:

  1. we do this because it's more fun with company. hang in there! I don't run every day. I recover better and enjoy running more. And do things I like on the non-running days.
    Sleep well!

    ReplyDelete