Monday 3 January 2011

The day of almost failure

Today was the day that I almost failed the Janathon. It was a day filled with a rearranged Boxing Day dinner with all of my family (including a 200 mile round trip to pick up my grandparents) and a rather large roast dinner.

By 8pm, after nearly falling alseep on the M2, the last thing on my mind was getting kitted out for a run in the freezing January night. However, the thought of failure spurred me on to run a swift 2 miles. I took my own advice from yesterday's (is that supposed to be a possessive? I'm not sure) run and picked up the pace a little. I was a little more tired than yesterday but it was an enjoyable run, with the feeling at the end of it that I'd done something worthwhile. Not curing cancer worthwhile, but still constructive towards a good Janathon.

I'm looking forward to the next few days. I've got the usual Tuesday night 5-a-side tomorrow (instead of running) and I'll take to the pool for the Wednesday in an effort to give my extremely painful calf muscles a rest. I'm not sure what I'm doing Thursday or Friday yet but it may have to be some light lunchtime gym sessions so I can be semi-rested for football on Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressed you ran after such a long day. Hope the calf mends soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done for going out so late - Keep it up!

    Good luck for the rest of Janathon.

    Martyn

    ReplyDelete